A home should be a safe, welcoming space. You’ll be happier when your home exactly what you want. So, what are some of the top home additions homeowners plan to make in 2019? Let’s find out from the experts in the business of home remodeling in Littleton, CO:
- Second or third story addition: Having a wide lot paves the way for an outward home expansion. While not everyone has the space to spread out, many homes can potentially go up. You read that correctly—building a second or third story home addition is a thing. This doesn’t necessarily mean installing a whole new floor, though. An upward home addition can be a sensible master suite or home office. Not only does this improvement add more square footage, but when done right, it can really boost the value of your property.
- Kitchen expansion: Is your kitchen too small or cramped? Are the cabinets not as big or as functional as you’d like? Year after year, kitchen additions top the list of home improvement projects. In fact, the kitchen is probably the most important room in your home. It’s where the food is and where everyone gathers during get-togethers, so upgrading it may be on your mind. Popular added kitchen features include customized storage, quality stone countertops, redesigned counter space and expanding the space out for better movability.
- Bathroom addition: Bathroom renovations and additions run a close second behind kitchen improvements. While the number of bathrooms in the house depends on the size of the house, talk to a home remodeling expert for ideas of where you can build another full or half bath. Most households can benefit from having more than one bathroom, especially if you’re planning to live in the home for a long time. And if you’re considering selling your home soon, more bathrooms will likely attract more potential buyers.
- Master suite: Having a true master suite gives you and your partner a private space of your own. When it comes to the new space, most homeowners end up expanding out from the house, whether this involves eliminating a back patio or having to pour an all-new foundation to accommodate new walls and supports. Whether your goal is to free up a room for guests or create your own private sanctuary, home remodeling in Littleton, CO can be the best home improvement you ever make.
- Deck or sunroom: You might have a usable patio space and now want to add a deck into the mix. Decks are wonderful for summertime fun and hosting, and require some maintenance, but are well worth it. On the other hand, an enclosed sunroom might be for you if you enjoy spending time outdoors year-round. In the warmer months, you can throw open the doors and windows to the sunroom. Keep them closed during the cooler seasons and enjoy nature from the comfort of your outdoor-indoor space.
For more information about home remodeling in Littleton, CO, feel free to contact Harrison Custom Builders, LTD. Our team is available to answer all your questions and give you an estimate!
Categorised in: Home Remodeling