When beginning a home renovation project, it’s tempting to get excited and bite off more than you can chew. You may get carried away by your vision of what your home could look like and what you’ll spend time doing in those new spaces that you create. Before you begin your home renovation in Littleton, CO, read what the expert general contractors say you should keep in mind to keep your expectations and budget in check:
- Budget: When it comes to your budget, you want to be realistic about what you can accomplish with the funds you have. It’s typical to severely underestimate the costs of home renovation in Littleton, CO. Think about both materials and labor when drafting your estimates, and keep in mind that materials will vary in costs depending on your location and timing. Have your general contractor take a look at your budget before beginning and see what they think about the reality of your costs. Be prepared to stick to your budget, and know where you’re willing to cut costs to splurge in other areas.
- Develop a clear vision: To save time and money, have a clear vision of what you want your space to look like before you begin. Think about every detail, from the color of the tiles that you want to the furniture you’ll place in the room when it’s completed. You need more detail than your initial inspiration or you’ll end up buying elements that you want to try and end up wanting to replace, increasing costs and the time it will take to complete your home renovation in Littleton, CO.
- Set your schedule and scope of work: It can be tempting to get carried away with your renovation dreams and plan more work than is realistic to complete according to your desired timetable. Determine what aspects of your dream are absolutely necessary and which things you can let go of for now or forever. Limiting the scope of the work will also help keep you on schedule and keep your timeline realistic.
- Prepare for inconvenience: Even the best laid plans sometimes go awry. And even if things are going just as they should, you should be prepared to live in the inconvenience of partial construction during your home renovation in Littleton, CO. Some rooms and areas of the home will cause more of a disruption to your daily routine than others. For instance, many people find that when they renovate their kitchen, they’re not able to eat at home as much, so if you’re planning a kitchen project, you may want to make use of the grill outside or make dinner plans with friends in advance!
- Hire the right contractor: Hiring the right general contractor for your home renovation in Littleton, CO can make the entire process so much easier than it would be otherwise. They will take care of all the planning and details so you can relax and direct your vision the way you want it. Make sure they are licensed, bonded and insured and can point you to previous satisfied customers through reviews or testimonials.
Harrison Custom Builders, LTD would love to help you with your home renovation in Littleton, CO. We’re your first choice for remodeling homes, man caves, lofts and condos. Contact us today for a free consultation and upfront estimate for your project.
Categorised in: Home Renovation