When it comes to remodeling or renovating a living space, the first thing that pops into your mind is probably cost. Even though you are aware of the expenses associated with big home remodeling projects, such as a bathroom remodel, it would be wise to figure out what makes this particular type of project more or less expensive. Here’s an overview to get you started.
What’s the cost of a bathroom remodel?
The cost of a bathroom remodeling project will depend on the individual homeowner, because everyone has a different vision of their dream bathroom. Therefore, no single element will undoubtedly take up a larger portion of your budget than another element. Keeping in mind that bathroom fixtures and fittings account for a high percentage of your cost, the total cost is going to be affected by the type of feature, the brand and quality of materials. Installation can eat up a quarter or more of the total cost, not to mention plumbing and electrical needs.
Are you ready to build the bathroom of your dreams? We’re here to help! Below are the key elements of a residential bathroom remodel in Littleton, CO:
- Efficient cabinets: Just like you’d choose new cabinets for a kitchen remodel, you should take the time to select the perfect cabinetry for your bathroom remodel. The key here is to have enough storage space inside of your bathroom to hold essentials like toilet paper, extra bath towels and personal toiletries. However, too much storage space can quickly overwhelm your new bathroom. For this reason, choose the right style and layout of cabinetry that will provide enough storage without dominating the space.
- Lighting: Lighting is one of the most important features in any bathroom. It’s what sets the mood of the room and allows you to see yourself clearly in the mirror every morning as you get ready for work. Your bathroom lighting should satisfy three needs: task lighting for makeup application and hair styling, ambient lighting to create a relaxing mood and night lighting to guide you to the toilet or sink in the middle of the night.
- Minimal clutter: A cluttered bathroom can cause anxiety in some people. Since your bathroom is supposed to be a space to relax, be sure your remodeling project incorporates elements to help reduce clutter. More open space relaxes the mind, so keep all non-essentials out of your new space.
- Using space wisely: Another consideration is to ensure the effective use of space. Everything from the walking areas to the cabinetry needs to be in the right place to prevent clutter from piling up, and help you avoid claustrophobia when using the toilet, vanity or shower. All the new features should be able to fit into the bathroom without overwhelming the space.
- Entertainment features: Adding relaxing entertainment elements is optional. These may include things like a speaker system, television or a shelf for holding a book and a glass of wine.
If you are ready to transform your bath, call the team at Harrison Custom Builders, LTD today to schedule a consultation to discuss your bathroom remodel in Littleton, CO!
Categorised in: Bathroom Remodel